In 1982, the Cars album “Shake it Up” was certified platinum. Where was it recorded?
Answer: Synro-Sound Studios
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1966: George Harrison weds Patty Boyd, an actress he met while filming A Hard Day’s Night. She left him in 1974, they divorced in ’77 and in ’79 she married Eric Clapton…
- 1974: Bob Dylan is invited to the Governor’s Mansion with future President Jimmy Carter and son Chip after a concert in Atlanta.
- 1982: The Cars album Shake It Up is certified platinum.
- 1987: Roy Orbison and Bruce Springsteen sing “Oh Pretty Woman” at Roy’s induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- 1988: Promoter trade magazine Pollstar names U2 the biggest live attraction in the United States. Ironically, it would be another four years before U2 returned to America.