Rock N’ Roll Diary: January 16
Carter Alan / WZLX.com January 16, 2013 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
On this day in 1979 Gregg Allman and Cher divorced. The two made an album together. What was it titled?
Answer: Two The Hard Way
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1976: “Frampton Comes Alive” was released on this day and it spent 10 weeks at #1. This album made Peter Frampton a household name.
- 1979: Gregg Allman and Cher divorced.
- 1980: Paul McCartney had a bad day – he was busted at a Tokyo airport with several ounces of marijuana in his baggage. Wings was about to tour Japan, but McCartney’s nine-day jail sentence put an end to that.
- 1988: George Harrison’s single “Got My Mind Set On You” got to #1 in the U.S. – almost 24 years after he first hit the top of the charts with The Beatles‘ “I Want To Hold Your Hand”.
- 1991: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted The Byrds – Don Henley did the induction speech and then jammed with
- Jackson Browne and The Byrds later on.
- 1994: Bryan Adams became the first western entertainer to play in Vietnam since the end of the war.