Dave Grohl Announces ‘Sound City’ L.A. Premiere And Star-Studded Palladium Concert
With the announcement of the Sound City Players’ performance at the Sundance Film Festival, the Foo Fighters frontman hinted that he had a few surprises up his sleeve.
Dave Grohl has just revealed one of those surprises and it’s sure to delight his West Coast fans.
Along with a list of select U.S. and Canadian theaters, Grohl will hold Sound City’s Los Angeles premiere at the famed Cinerama Dome on Thursday, January 31 at 7PM. Despite this being a private event and tickets unavailable to the public, what happens afterward is open to anyone willing to buy a ticket.
Immediately following the film’s premiere, Grohl and his Sound City Players will trek a few blocks to the historic Hollywood Palladium for a once-in-a-lifetime concert experience. Made up of many of the film’s stars, Sound City Players’ all-star roster includes Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Krist Novoselic, Chris Shiflett, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Brad Wilk, Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Rick Nielsen, Chris Goss, Robert Levon Been, Jessy Greene, Peter Hayes, Rami Jaffee, Alain Johannes and Lee Ving.
Tickets for the Palladium show go on sale Wednesday, January 16 at 12PM PT via Ticketmaster.
The Sound City documentary and soundtrack, Reel To Reel, are both available for pre-order now at soundcitymovie.com.
— Jay Tilles, Radio.com
Dave Grohl on WZLX.com:
- Dave Grohl Announced ‘Sound City’ Screenings Across U.S. & Canada
- Dave Grohl’s ‘Sound City Players’ To Include Nicks, Fogerty, Nielsen… And Rick Springfield!
- 15 Reasons 2013 Will Rock
- ‘Sir-vana’ Returns? Dave Grohl Forms All-Star Band To Play Sundance – But Doesn’t Reveal Its Members
- Dave Grohl On John Paul Jones And Them Crooked Vultures: “It Was One Of The Highlights Of My Life…”