Led Zeppelin released its first album in America on this day in 1969. How long did it take to record?
Answer: 30 hours
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1981: The Reagan White House Library expanded by over 800 albums donated by the Recording Industry of America – Among the artists were Bob Dylan and also Kiss. (He wanted the best, so he got the best!)
- 1993: The original members of Cream reunited in L.A. to perform at the 8th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Also inducted: The Doors, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and Van Morrison (Van Morrison and Jim Morrison did not show up)
- 1995: At the 10th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame celebration, the class included The Allman Brothers Band, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, and Frank Zappa.
- 1998: On this day as well, inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame was The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and Santana. The Eagles reunited all of its members to perform at the ceremony.
- Checking the WZLX Ticket Stash: Blue Oyster Cult and Rush played the Providence Civic Center in 1979 and the Rolling Stones returned for the “Licks” tour to the Fleet Center in 2003.