Happy birthday to Jimmy Page. In addition to being the mastermind behind the formation of Led Zeppelin, the guitarist was also a sought-after session man. He played on the best-selling 1969 debut of what famous English singer who is still touring and recording?
Answer: Joe Cocker
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1977: Peter Frampton released his followup to the massively-successful Frampton Comes Alive album – The new studio release was called “I’m In You”.
- 1982: Queen and David Bowie’s collaboration “Under Pressure” peaked at #29 on the U.S. charts.
- 1984: Van Halen’s classic album 1984 saw its first mass-release. See Carter Alan discuss it on “Carter’s Catalog.”
- 1992: Sting made a guest appearance on “The Simpsons” in an episode entitled “Radio Bart”
- 2001: Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour won the rights to use DavidGilmour.com as his website address. The site had been used by a man selling Pink Floyd merchandise.
Rock N’ Roll on ZLX: