Rock N’ Roll Diary: December 30
Happy birthday to Jeff Lynne, cornerstone guitarist and songwriter of Electric Light Orchestra and a famed producer, as well. In 2012 he produced a new album for what A-list guitarist?
Answer: Joe Walsh for Analog Man
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Today’s birthdays: Jeff Lynne of ELO and The Traveling Wilburys.
- 1967: The Beatles’ “Hello Goodbye” hits No. 1.
- 1970: Paul McCartney sues John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr to dissolve the Beatles’ partnership and gain control of his interest in it. Paul claims the suit is nothing personal, strictly business, but it ignites a bitter feud between himself and Lennon.
- 1974: The Beatles’ partnership is officially dissolved.
- 1994: Ringo Starr’s first wife Maureen Cox dies in Seattle. Ringo and their children are with her when she passes away.
- 1999: George Harrison and his wife Olivia are attacked in their home during a robbery. Although Harrison is stabbed in the chest four times, he and his wife are able to subdue the assailant until police arrive.
From the WZLX ticket stash… The Allman Brothers played the Civic Center in Springfield in 1980…and Aerosmith played the Garden on this night in 1989.