Happy birthday to original drummer of Kiss, Peter Criss! He just put out an autobiography. What is its title?
Answer: Makeup to Breakup: My Life In and Out of Kiss
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday to: Peter Criss, the original drummer for KISS.
- 1967: Ian Anderson and Glen Cornick leave the John Evans Band to form Jethro Tull with guitarist Mick Abrahams and drummer Clive Bunker.
- 1969: The Rolling Stones album Let it Bleed displaces Abbey Road by The Beatles as the #1 album in England.
- 1970: The Who perform the last in a series of “Tommy” shows at London’s Roundhouse Club. The Who’s opening act for that night is a fresh-faced young Elton John.
- 1975: The Eagles hire solo star Joe Walsh as their new guitarist. His first album with the band is “Hotel California.”
- 1980: John Lennon’s “(Just Like) Starting Over” is the number #1 single in England.
- 2006: Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton announces that doctors have declared him cancer-free. The rocker had been battling throat cancer, which forced him to miss the band’s fall tour.