Rock N’ Roll Diary: December 18
Happy birthday to Keith Richards! What was the first song on the first Rolling Stones album released?
Answer: “Route 66.” It was put out on the English “The Rolling Stones” album in April 1964. The U.S. version came out in June with a different order of songs.
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday to: Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones and Elliot Easton of The Cars. It’s also the birth date of the late Bryan “Chas” Chandler of The Animals, who was also famous as the man who discovered and managed Jimi Hendrix.
- 1975: The Faces disband when Rod Stewart announces at a press conference that he is preparing to leave the group.
- 1981: Sting of The Police rams his hand through a window during the filming of his movie Brimstone and Treacle.
- 1983: Birthday boy Keith Richards marries his longtime girlfriend, Patti Hansen, with Mick Jagger as best man.
- 2002: Ozzy Osbourne is included in Barbara Walters’ list of the top ten most fascinating people of 2002. He comes in at No.7.
- 2004: Alice Cooper hosts his annual Christmas pudding charity concert in Phoenix. Ted Nugent, as well as Rick Neilson and Robin Zander from Cheap Trick are amongst the performers who participate.
From the WZLX ticket stash…Van Morrison was at Symphony Hall in 1970 with the J. Geils Blues Band.