Happy birthday to Paul Rodgers of Bad Company, Queen+Paul Rodgers, the Firm and Free. Arrange those bands in the order, chronologically, Rodgers joined them.
Answer: Free, Bad Company, the Firm and Queen and Paul Rodgers
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1971: David Bowie releases the “Hunky Dory” album in the U.S. It becomes his first collection of songs to make it onto the American charts and is the first of four albums from Bowie to chart in the U.S.
- 1982: The Who perform what was supposed to be its final North American concert at Toronto’s Maple Leaf Gardens. The band returned, however, in 1989.
- 1986: On the way to recording the BBC-TV show “The Tube,” The McCartneys’ car bursts into flames – Paul and Linda escape unhurt. Also in ’86, members of the disbanded Doobie Brothers reunite for a children’s hospital benefit. Four months later, the band regrouped and began performing reunion shows.
- 2000: Bruce Springsteen and other artists perform the 1st of two benefit concerts at the Convention Center in Asbury Park. The money goes to several charities.
- 2002: The film This is Spinal Tap is chosen by the National Film Registry for historical preservation. The Library of Congress chose the entries, which picked the movies that it saw as, quote, “culturally, historically or aesthetically significant.”
Because of course, who thinks of classic moments in American cinema history without thinking of the historical, cultural and aesthetic genius of amps that go to 11?