Bruce Springsteen played the Boston Garden on this night in 1980. This was four years before his huge hit-filled Born in the USA album, but he still had a Top 10 U.S. hit single in the charts at the time – what was it?
Answer: “Hungry Heart”
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1962: Bill Wyman makes his debut with The Rolling Stones at The Youth Club, Church Hall in Putney, London.
- 1968: Grace Slick shocks network censors when she appears on the “Smothers Bros.” TV show in black-face and concludes her performance with the Jefferson Airplane with a leather-fisted “black power” salute.
- 1969: John Lennon performs his last concert in London — a charity event for UNICEF called “Peace for Christmas.”
- 1977: The Who play a private party for fan club members and film it. The film becomes part of their documentary “The Kids are Alright.”
- 2006: B.B. King is among those who received the Presidential Medal of Freedom – the country’s highest honor for a civilian.