Rock N’ Roll Diary: December 14
AC/DC played the Boston Garden on this night in 1981. They also released a new album that same month – which one?
Answer: For Those About to Rock, We Salute You
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1972: Alice Cooper uses his influence as a rock star to get some Christmas shopping done. A New York City department store stays open after hours just for him.
- 1974: Mick Taylor quits The Rolling Stones, while the rest of the band records in Munich. The lead guitarist had replaced Brian Jones five years earlier.
- 1976: Aerosmith rocked the Garden on this night in 1976.
- 1980: Silent vigils for John Lennon are held all over the world, six days after he was murdered.
- 1996: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals present Paul and Linda McCartney with the group’s first lifetime achievement award.
- 2005: Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page receives his Order of the British Empire Award from England’s queen during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
From the WZLX ticket stash…The Velvet Underground played the Boston tea Party in 1968 …The Allman Brothers Band was at Hynes Auditorium in 1970…Humble Pie played the Orpheum with Yes in 1971…KISS played the Orpheum in ’75…In ’76 Aerosmith rocked the Garden…AC/DC played there in 1981… and Bruce Springsteen was down on Causeway Street in 1992.