In 2005, former members of The Cars announced their plans to reunite as the New Cars with Todd Rundgren on lead vocals and guitar. Which of the original Cars were involved in this project?
Answer: Elliot Easton, David Robinson and Greg Hawkes
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Today is the birthday of Duane Allman, who died in 1971 in Macon, GA in a motorcycle crash. It’s also Joe Walsh’s birthday!
- 1961: Bob Dylan’s first recording session begins for his self-titled album.
- 1973: Nineteen-year-old Scott Halpin replaces an ailing Keith Moon on drums for the last three songs of a Who concert in San Francisco. Halpin got the gig when he responded to Roger Daltrey’s plea of “Is there a drummer in the house?”
- 1976: George Harrison makes a special appearance on “Saturday Night Live.” He performed “Here Comes The Sun” along with Paul Simon as part of the appearance.
- 1991: The Rolling Stones sign a $45 million deal with Virgin Records, making them the highest-paid rock n’ roll band at the time.
- 2005: Members of The Cars announce plans to reform as the “New Cars,” adding Todd Rundgren to the lineup as the band’s new frontman.