Rock N’ Roll Diary: November 15
Carter Alan / WZLX.com November 15, 2012 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
Jethro Tull played the Boston Garden on this night in 1971. It was their first time playing there. Where had they played previous to that in Boston?
Answer: Boston Tea Party
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1969: Janis Joplin is arrested after a concert in Tampa for “vulgar and indecent language.” All charges are eventually dropped.
- 1975: The J. Geils Band is at the Garden recording some tracks for use in its Blow Your Face Out! album.
- 1978: The Grateful Dead releases Shakedown Street.
- 1980: The Doobie Brothers are dropping in at Causeway Street.
- 1987: Dire Straits’ Brothers in Arms album, which had been released two years previously, became the first album to sell over 3 million copies in England.
- 1992: Ozzy Osbourne performs what he said would be his final concert. The show turns into a Black Sabbath reunion when former Black Sabbath bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward joined him onstage. Of course, it is the last of the Ozzy retirement talk!
- 1999: Elton John threatens to cancel a concert in Winnipeg after officials spent two hours searching his plane at the airport.