Rock N’ Roll Diary: November 14
Carter Alan / WZLX.com November 14, 2012 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
In 1974 David Bowie appeared at the Music Hall. What album was he out promoting?
Answer: Diamond Dogs
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday to James Young, singer & guitarist for Styx!
- 1967: Pink Floyd embarks on an English tour as an opening act for the Jimi Hendrix Experience.
- 1973: Bruce Springsteen releases his second album, The Wild, The Innocent and the E-street Shuffle.
- 1979: Neil Young puts out his Live Rust album.
- 1989: Aerosmith appears at London’s Hammersmith Odeon Theatre where David Coverdale, former Deep Purple and then-current Whitesnake singer, joined them on stage. The show was the start of a European tour, the first for Aerosmith in 12 years.
- 1989: Ten Years After plays The Paradise Lounge on a reunion tour.
- 1992: John Casella, John Mellencamp’s keyboard player, is found dead in his car in Indiana. It is ruled a heart attack.
- 2001: Van Morrison wins a lawsuit against a London newspaper that erroneously published a story contending that the singer had an affair with Jerry Lee Lewis’ sister Linda while on tour.