Neil Young celebrates a birthday today! What was his first charting solo album?
Answer: Everybody Knows This is Nowhere
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1945:Neil Young is born. He celebrates his birthday today along with Buck Dharma, lead guitarist of Blue Oyster Cult.
- 1973:Queen kicks off their first tour as an opening act for Mott the Hoople in West Yorkshire, England, less than a year before making their U.S. debut.
- 1990:Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood breaks both legs in a brutal accident on the M4 in England. He crashed into one car and after escaping got hit by another car, pinning him between the two wrecks.
- 2003: A New Jersey radio station pulls Jethro Tull from its playlist after Ian Anderson makes critical remarks about President Bush in a local newspaper.
- 2005:Paul McCartney’s performance of “Good Day Sunshine” and “English Tea” in Anaheim is broadcast live as a wake-up call for astronatuts on the International Space Station, making it the first live concert broadcast beamed to outer space.
- From the WZLX ticket stash…The Faces with guest Rod Stewart played the Rhode Island Auditorium in 1971, Jerry Garcia played Paul’s Mall in 1974, Robert Palmer played the Orpheum in 1976, and Queen rocked the Boston Garden in 1977.