Rock N’ Roll Diary: November 10
Carter Alan / WZLX.com November 10, 2012 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
Styx played the Boston Garden on this day in 1979. They were fresh on the heels of their second highest-charting album, which got to #2. Which Styx release was that?
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday to Greg Lake of Emerson Lake & Palmer and King Crimson!
- 1963: after their concert at the hippodrome in Birmingham, England, The Beatles leave the theater and the crowds that surrounded it, disguised as policemen!
- 1967: The Beatles shoot three different promotional films for “Hello Goodbye.” One clip features the group wearing their Sgt. Pepper’s uniforms for the first time since the album’s famous cover photo session.
- 1967: The Moody Blues release their single “Nights in White Satin” in the U.K. As it turns out, the song doesn’t reach its peak of popularity over here in the states until it’s re-released in 1972 – when it shoots all the way up to No.2.
- 1979: From the WZLX ticket stash…Styx played the Boston Garden.
- 1981: It’s The second night at the Hartford Civic Center for the Rolling Stones.
- 1986: Bruce Springsteen releases his box set Live 1975 – 1985 on this day, becoming the first box set to debut on the charts at No.1.
- 1994: A fan is killed and 25 more are injured when the crowd rushes into the stadium for an Aerosmith concert in Costa Rica…Also in ’94, Elton John sues the Star tabloid for falsely reporting a story that he was romantically involved with a man from Atlanta – the man was actually from London.