Led Zeppelin’s 4th album came out in the U.S. on this day in 1971. What was its official title?
Answer: There is none
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1968: John Lennon divorces from wife Cynthia. In the end, Cynthia kept custody of their young son Julian.
- 1971: Led Zepplin’s fourth album is released in the U.S. – it would come out in England eleven days later. The album somehow never reached #1 in the states, but remained on the charts for 158 weeks.
- 1971: From the WZLX ticket stash…Jeff Beck played the Music Hall, and in ’74 it was Foghat, Robin Trower and Montrose featuring Sammy Hagar all at the Orpheum.
- 1975: Elton John becomes godfather to Sean Lennon, John and Yoko’s son.
- 1980: Bruce Springsteen’s double album The River hits No.1 on the charts. The single “Hungry Heart” is released on the same day.
- 1985: Sting’s concert film Bring on the Night opens in theaters.
- 1986: Boston’s single “Amanda” reaches No.1 on the charts.
- 2006: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band launch a tour in support of the album Face the Promise with a concert in Saginaw, Mich. It was the group’s first road trip in a decade, supporting Seger’s first new studio album in 12 years.