Happy birthday to Kenny Jones of the Small Faces, the Faces and the Who. After he left the Who, he formed a band called the law with what singer?
Answer: Paul Rodgers
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday to Kenny Jones, legendary British drummer who has played with the Faces and the Who among others!
- 1966: The Grateful Dead performed the 1st of two nights at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco. It was the first time they used the now-famous skull, skeleton & roses logo.
- 1970: Jimi Hendrix made his last public appearance when he joined Eric Burdon & War onstage at their London concert.
- 1972: Peter Frampton’s Camel made its live debut in New York City as the opening act for the J. Geils Band.
- 1977: T. Rex lead singer Marc Bolan was killed in a car accident near London.
- 1978: The Grateful Dead performed under a lunar eclipse at the Great Pyramid in Egypt. It was the last of three shows at the unusual location.
In the WZLX ticket stash…
1995: David Bowie performed at Great Woods.