Happy birthday to Chrissie Hynde, lead singer of the Pretenders. In the beginning, as she fascinated herself a singer, what was her early favorite instrument?
Answer: Bass Ukulele
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1963: Bob Dylan charted for the first time with his classic “Blowin’ in the Wind” off the Freewheelin’ LP.
- 1976: Paul McCartney declared “Buddy Holly Week” in honor of Holly’s birthday. McCartney incidentally owns publishing rights to nearly all of Holly’s material.
- 1978: It was a sad day when Who drummer Keith Moon died in his London flat after attending the film premiere of “The Buddy Holly Story”. The legendary drummer od’d on a tranquilizer prescribed to curb his alcoholism.
- 1985: David Bowie and Mick Jagger shared the number one spot on the British singles chart with their duet of “Dancing in the Street” which they recorded for Live Aid.
- 2003: Legendary singer/songwriter Warren Zevon passed away after a lengthy battle with lung cancer. He was 56.