Months before the release of their new album Music From Another Dimension, Aerosmith have released two new singles – the fast, aggressive “Lover Alot” and “What Could Have Been Love,” which is more of an emotional ballad. Carter Alan heard both new singles as they hit the airwaves Wednesday morning and shared his thoughts.
He compares “Lover Alot,” which is rife with fast-paced drums and raw, unpolished guitar riffs, to classic cuts from their 1977 album Draw The Line, while “What Could Have Been Love” is more along the lines of “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” – and that’s not necessarily a bad thing that Aerosmith wrote another ballad, because hey, “Dream On” is a ballad!
Hear Carter’s thoughts on the two newest Aerosmith singles below, and listen live to 100.7 WZLX for a chance to hear “Lover Alot” on the air. The group’s 15th LP, Music From Another Dimension!, comes out on November 6 via Columbia Records.
- Carter Alan Previews New Aerosmith Album
- Aerosmith Jams With Johnny Depp [VIDEO]
- Aerosmith Collab With Johnny Depp, Carrie Underwood On New Album
- 7 Photos of Aerosmith at the TD Garden (Night 2) on Twitter
- VIDEO: Backstage in Boston With Aerosmith’s Brad Whitford
- You Review It: Aerosmith at the TD Garden