It was the third day at the Woodstock Festival in 1969. Jimi Hendrix was the last band on (the show went so late that he went on at 9am Monday morning)…Who was the first on Day #3?
Answer: Joe Cocker
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday to former drummer of Boston and actor Sib Hashian!
- 1969: It was the 3rd day of the most famous rock festival in history, Woodstock. Jimi Hendrix closed out the festival. He went on so late that it was actually the morning of the 18th before he got onstage.
- 1974: Keyboardist Patrick Moraz replaced Rick Wakeman in Yes. He stayed for the album Relayer before Wakeman returned.
- 1974: Fleetwood Mac won an injunction to prevent another group of musicians from touring as “Fleetwood Mac”.
- 1986: Santana gave a 20th anniversary performance in San Francisco. At one point there were 17 players and three of their kids onstage at the same time.
- 1998: Carlos Santana received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
Checking the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1971: The Allman Brothers played Boston Common.
- 1974: It was little Feat at Pauls Mall.
- 1994: The Allman Brothers were back when they led the H.O.R.D.E tour into Riverside Park in Agawam, MA.