In 1994 the Allman Brothers Band led the H.O.R.D.E. tour into Great Woods. What was the second band on the bill for that entire tour?
Answer: Blues Traveler
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1965: The Jefferson Airplane made its live debut at the opening of San Francisco’s Matrix Club, partly owned by singer Marty Balin. That same day James Douglas Morrison was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California.
- 1973: Jethro Tull’s A Passion Play album hit #1.
- 1987: Boston began what would become a historic run of shows at the Worcester Centrum. When the dust finally settled on August 24th, the band had performed an unprecedented nine sellouts.
- 1990: Don Henley, Arlo Guthrie, Bonnie Raitt, members of the band Boston and others announced that they had purchased a 25 acre plot of Walden Woods in Concord, MA.
- 1994: It was the 2nd day of the Woodstock ’94 festival in Saugerties, New York. Artists performing at the 2-day fest included Traffic, Aerosmith, Joe Cocker, Bob Dylan, Santana and many others.
In the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1977: Dave Mason was at the Cape Cod Coliseum with Heart. Yes played the Garden that same night.
- 1994: The Allman Bros. band led the H.O.R.D.E. tour into Great Woods for the 1st of two nights.
- 1995: Santana & Jeff Beck were at Great Woods as well.