Happy birthday John Fogerty – solo star and member of the iconic Creedence Clearwater Revival. Aside from his brother, where did John meet the guys who would make up CCR?
Answer: He would meet Stu Cook & Doug Clifford at El Cerrito Junior High School in California.
And here’s the rest of today’s Rock ‘N Roll Diary with Carter Alan!
- Happy birthday to former Creedence Clearwater Revival front man and solo artist John Fogerty.
- On this day in 1976 The Allman Brothers split up when group members decided they could no longer play with Gregg Allman after he testified against roadie Scooter Herring in a drug case. However, the Allman’s would reform two years later.
- Bruce Springsteen was finally able to start recording again today in 1977 after he won a lawsuit against former manager Mike Appel.
- And speaking of lawsuits Jefferson Starship drummer Aynsley Dunbar filed a $3.25 million dollar suit against his former band Journey claiming he was squeezed out of the group just as the cash started flowing in – Journey denied the claim.
- The Clash performed the 1st of 7 concerts at Bonds Discotheque in New York in 1981 – fire marshals moved in to close the club after thousands of fans jammed the place way past the legal limit.
- And in 1983 U2, The Pretenders, David Bowie, Stevie Nicks, and Van Halen were among the many acts that performed at the 3-day U.S. festival in San Bernardino, California.